Thursday, September 15, 2011

my mini-mystery and my broadband stick

i run my internet access at the mercy of a prepaid internet stick. earlier, i got a notification from my provider that my prepaid account got loaded with P250 or roughly US$5. the thing is i didn't load it. the trace number said it was loaded at 933pm, real time. at that very moment, i was home and using my mobile. in short, it was a mistaken load for two reasons.

first, no one knows that prepaid internet number.

second, i never load that amount because it goes with free text credits that i can't use because i prefer to use my prepaid internet number purely for internet purposes.

so, i posted that as a status with a wish that whoever sent that load, text back and i would gladly return that amount.

i wrote the bank from which it could've possibly come from. an hour later, i get this message:

Globe Advisory: We apologize that your load was inadvertently deducted last Sept. 12. This was due to an isolated system issue that has already been corrected. Because we are committed to provide you with honest and seamless services, we have credited back your load to your account. To check your current balance, text BAL to 222 for free. Thank you for being a Globe customer.


i checked my balance and it's still the same - that P250 is still there. now, why am i uncomfortable?

it's not honest.

it bothers me because of the second reason. besides, i no longer load my prepaid internet number via atm. i prefer moving funds from my mobile.

now, there's another fb pal who experienced the same thing. she got P40 and has no memory of ever loading that amount. so, the plot thickens and we suspect it's the bank that's messing up.