Thursday, July 14, 2011

the day at prc

i made sure i finished all assignments due today so i can file my papers for the LET. the LET is a professional exam for teachers wanting to teach in either elementary or secondary schools. though i've already ended my teaching career and for now, have no intention to return, i still went through the motions of getting qualified for that exam.

if there's anything the horrible typhoon ondoy brought, is that it allowed me to enrol in teaching certificate units and got me this laptop. the school advanced a month's salary and the 13th month so i was able to have some financial breather then.

anyway, people have been egging me to take the LET and so after i finished my 18 units in the school literally behind my bedroom window, i had to fix my papers.

that did not went smoothly. first, the school wanted me to get transfer credentials from my alma mater. horrors! my records will say i graduated from that school. argh. i can't downgrade but i had to do that. i was made to shuttle from here to there just to get those credentials. i can't forget the registrar in the tcp school making me wait for half an hour while she talked on the phone. all she needed to do was sign a clearance that i still had to pass to my alma mater. there was nothing to read, btw. it was just a standard request that came from the tcp school.

then i had to wait for two weeks for my alma mater to release the transfer credentials. then i had to wait for a month so that my papers from the tcp school will be fixed. that freaked me out! but what was worse was the amount i had to pay for it! it was thrice the cost of documents at my alma mater.

time and money were short but i managed.

finally, this day came and i trooped to prc following all instructions from its website.

the lines weren't that long except for the screening of documents. since it's a day before the deadline for filing, there should've been at least four persons doing that task. anyway, the boys who were doing the screening were talkative and i commented that that was their way of amusing themselves amidst the flurry of people.

the one who evaluated my documents remarked that i spent four years at my alma mater and only a year at the tcp school yet, the tcp school wants to make sure that it gets credit for my passing in b/w. hahaha.

then there are other charges like P21 for a documentary stamp and P50 for notary, which are mandatory. then i had to shell out another P21 for the metered window envelope which was not yet needed as of filing time.

i brought with me glue, stapler, a nice pen, clipboard, passport photos, residence certificate, and the original and photocopies of my documents. photos and the res certf are all available there, so is photocopying which is at P2/ page.

all in all, it took me three hours to finish the process.

while lining up, i was asked by quite a handful if that were the line for re-takers. i must have looked like one. so, i had to tell them, it was not. hmmm...

so, i'll slowly prepare for the test on sept 25 and go through the motions. sadly, i will not join the ranks of teachers even if i pass the LET. i've let go.


the prc only took the photocopies of my transcripts and birth certificate. all the originals are with me. so, what will i do now with all these copies?