Wednesday, July 27, 2011

look before you eat that salad - a blog written about an incident last year



(had to cover the logo but i have the raw file)


while editing an article about local cuisine, i got reminded of this entry i wrote in my FB notes more than a year ago. the postscript to this is that a friend of a friend is the lawyer of this chain so my email got to the proper people.




please help me identify this spider


as i took my share of the waldorf-chicken salad of a famous restaurant at glorietta, my friends noticed something odd -- there was a spider. it wasn't like any spider we had ever seen. it was black and quadruple that the size of the common house spider.

since they had eaten part of their salad and i didn't bother to eat mine, i will regret it if they have spidey powers after tonight's dinner. hahaha.

so, we told the waiters and the manager came forward. she insisted it might have come from the plants or dropped from the lamp above our table. ahm, nothing escapes my eyes that lands on my food. so we recounted the story.

to cut it short, she and the rest of the staff were cordial and did what's best. i was with a pretty calm set of friends so we just sat there, stared at spidey, and cracked jokes about it after the plate was removed. then, we all seemed to lose appetite and the ravioli went cold.

so, rather than create hysteria, discourage people from eating there, or sue the resto (unless my friends get super spidey powers and i don't), let me end by saying, make sure you squash everything before eating. err, i mean, look and look at what you're eating, don't just shovel it in.

Labels: , ,